Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Painting Frenzy: Tons of 40k

Well, I had a nice 3-day weekend, and since most of my gaming plans fell through (although I did get in one Chain of Command game!) I got A LOT of painting done on some random back burner projects. In addition to the Daemonettes from the last post, I also knocked out 20 Noise Marines, 3 Terminators, and 10 Seekers. 

But first, an awesome looking army shot.



I really rushed through the Noise Marines. Which is a good thing, because I didn't want to spent too much time on space marines. I tell myself that's because I'd like to upgrade these with the new awesome Forgeworld figs that just came out, but really I know I'll only use these figs like once a year so may as well do them quickly.

Each squad has a commander with a power fist, a blast master, five sonic blasters, and three regular marines (aka extra wounds). Is that optimal in the new edition? Who knows, but it's what I had lying around.
 I also painted up three terminators. I intend on using a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor, but not sure which weapon loadouts yet, so I just grabbed three random terminators from my old terminator squad. Here I have a heavy flamer guy, a lightning claw guy, and a fleshy demon weapony guy.

 And last but not least, 10 Seekers of Slaanesh. I bought a dozen boxes of these when they first came out in plastics a few years ago, and they've been sitting on my shelf since...so I assembled ten for a Fast Attack squad and painted em up.

I think I now have a decent and legal army for Chaos for 40k for some random games. I think that's about all I have to paint from my army from years ago. I would like to get one of those new flyers at some point, and I have a Chaos Baneblade I may as well paint up to match these cats, not to mention my Eldar titans.

But, hopefully that's all the 40k I'll be painting for a while. With a little luck, my 20 Khurasan T55s will arrive this week and I can break into the AIW!

No comments:

Post a Comment