Friday, July 5, 2013

Flashpoint Slick vs Battlefront Slick, Plus some Bonus FoW 'Nam pics!

So I picked up one of the plastic Slicks from Flashpoint. It's actually just a repackage of the old Revell plastic slicks, with two Flashpoint metal door gunners included. I picked mine up from Carl at Minis of Chesapeake.
 

Assembling it was a bit of a pain, although it probably didn't take any longer than the Battlefront slick. The biggest drawback is all the windows are the clear plastic variety, and must be glued in seperately, which was of no benefit to me, as I painted over them all.
 
 
I did lose one of the plastic windshields during assembly and had to make my own with the lovely Testor's plastic windows cement.

Up top view side comparision
 
All in all, it's not a bad kit, and it paints up quite nicely. I was disheartened during the assembly process, and as bare plastic, it looked pretty rough, so I elected to just stick with the one and use it as my medevac slick, but the finished result is pretty good, and I wouldn't mind a full fleet of them.

The rotor has a long stick to insert into the chasis, so no need for magnets.
And here's a few picks from a game of Contact, Contact, Contact! that Chris and I played on the 4th.
 




 
And last, but not least, a shout out to 4Ground for sponsoring NOVA and donated their full line of 15mm Europe at War terrain packs for prize support for the FoW tournaments! If you haven't signed up yet, get on it!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some awesome prize support.

    ReplyDelete