Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sturmtigers From Primer to Finish



Here's some Sturmtigers I painted up while waiting on some other figures to dry. The new book got me excited to finish off these guys who have been sitting unpainted for over a year now. I'm not sure how I feel about the new Sturmtiger rules, but the models are still awesome and among my favorite in the line. I also took some step by step pictures of these guys, so you can see the WIP stages.


Primed light grey with Vallejo airbrush primer

Airbrushed basecoat of Vallejo Middlestone

Airbrushed the base 3-tone camo and applied a quick glosscote. I tend to glosscote right after airbrushing is done to seal that job, and if I mess anything up afterwards, I can get it off without having to retouch with the airbrush.

After this point, I hit the edges with a light drybrush, painted the tracks and picked out some key bits, applied decals, dropped some powders in key spots, and hit with a dullcote.










No comments:

Post a Comment