Wednesday, March 12, 2014

DZC: Modular Building #1 Painted

(Bit of technical difficulties in case you saw this post listed twice)

A bit of collaborative effort between Joe and I, I've got my first DZC resin building finished up. I actually purchased this and one other over a year ago and just now got around to getting to together. Joe was able to assemble it after I failed at attempting to build it, and I threw some paint on it. Painting those windows was, well, a bitch.



For those unaware, this is a modular resin building kit. This particular building was 125 resin parts, not counting the roof HVAC bits and such. Certainly no walk in the park to get together.

After spraying on the base coat, a lot of the imperfections with both the casting and assembly really started to show - air bubbles in the resin, fingerprints in the glue, etc.

 I'm got my finger on the trigger to purchase another dozen and a half of these buildings, but I'm not 100% sure I want to go through with it yet. At around $70-$100 a building, it's no easy purchase, and I'm undecided on weather this quality of resin terrain is better or worse than the cardboard terrain.




No comments:

Post a Comment